4 April 2010

January , February , March

January was eventful: I went on tour w/Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings to assist on merchandise, starting at Paradiso, Amsterdam, where I took this pic of the soundcheck.

After completing gigs in Germany and Switzerland Bill and band returned to do several gigs in Holland and Belgium. I took this picture at Ede when the band was discussing the setlist, backstage:

In February I was very busy at school and saw Georgie Fame singing in Noordwijk and I went to see Bernard Fowler, who played at Zoetermeer with his IMF(International Motherfuckers, pardon my language), where I took this picture of the band on stage:

In March Chris Jagger paid me an impromptu visit in Amsterdam, discussing future gigs. Tim Ries and I have teamed up with a business contact in Spain, which will hopefully lead to a tour of Spain in the autumn. And I have been approached by Universal Music. I co-organised the press presentation of the Bigger Bang DVD release for them in 2007 and we have been in touch ever since. Right now we are in talks about the re-release of Exile On Main Street. More on that later! There is more to come. Henk Meutgeert is conductor of the renowned Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw; soon we will be in touch about some possible future projects. Henk kindly invited me to attend their concert with Hammond giant Dr Lonnie Smith in the Hague, February 2010, where I had the priviledge to talk to Lonnie Smith:

I filmed bits of the concert , click on this link.

No comments: