9 May 2010

Writing Dutch press release for UMG

All the Exile final preparations are in full swing! Friday afternoon was spent writing the Dutch text for the Exile On Main Street press release. Universal had asked me to do this. It took me two hours to write it. On Saturday I received a thank-you from Universal.
It seems that the Stones single Plundered My Soul was well-received, as it was a nr 3 entry in the Dutch charts, something that has never happened before. I remember Street of Love(200) and Satisfaction(1965), both nr 5 entries, but Plundered My Soul beat them!
Coming Tuesday evening I will hook up with Universal's team and photographer Dominique Tarlé (photo) , who has been invited to attend Exile's press presentation on Wednesday evening. We have met before at V!psart Gallery in Rotterdam, where he has told me some pretty amazing stories about his life with the Stones in Villa Nellcôte and there is no doubt he will continue to do so on Wednesday!
Now it is back to usual: the coming three days will be spent at school and then it is time for Exile. After that there will be four days off, hurray!

No comments: