30 November 2008

Snow, a train and business as usual

As our beautiful flatlands started to be covered by the first snow, I travelled to Apeldoorn on Friday 14 November, where I had a first meeting at the Coda Museum about Bill Wyman's exhibition. There I met with V!ps' Peter de Raaf, who had covered 80 miles by car in four hours...I was so relieved I had taken the train. The meeting was ok , discussing various aspects such as the opening reception and pr, which will be on my shoulders. After the meeting I went to see Martijn van Duivenboden of the Gigant venue. (Bill and his Rhythm Kings will play there on 25 January) We had some beers and food while talking over some business and discussing some possible future projects before I got back on the train.
On Saturday 15 November I visited the Utrecht record fair. It was well attended, despite the cold, snow and sleet. Much to my surprise, I met Peter de Raaf again, as well as some people from Universal Music , Nieuw Amsterdam publishers and talked to numerous people. I sold some CDs and talked to fans about Chris Jagger, Tim Ries and met some fans who had attended the Bimhuis gig. It seems that everybody wants to have a copy of the Radio 6 Bimhuis recording that was aired early this month.

No comments: